Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Akihabara Electric Town, 秋葉原電気街

After arriving at the hotel, I suddenly noticed that we had forgotten to bring the most important thing to power up my arsenal of gadgets, a power adapter. Scratching my head and looking through the local convenience stores yielded nothing. I decided to visit Akihabara the very next day. We could almost see Akihabara from our hotel because it was just one stop away from our metro station. A short walk from the station Akihabara, we arrived at the main streets of the Electric Town. Huge buildings, bright colours and gigantic wall posters of anime characters surrounded us. The kid in me was screaming, “come on, let’s go, let’s go!” Most of these buildings were at least eight storeys tall and each building usually carry one type of merchandise, it was either photography, computers, electronic gadgets, or anime related. After much searching, we located a quite expensive power adapter for my use and with a few, hmm other things. The main attraction here for me is Yodobashi  Camera Akiba, ヨドバシ.  Yodobashi has a lot of branches throughout Japan, but the one here in Akihabara is the flagship store, it is nine levels of camera and accessories. I was like a boy in the world’s biggest toy shop, very hard to express my feelings on writing, but I’m sure you get the idea. It was very difficult and emotional to leave the store.



All rights reserved - Copyright © RND Memoir

No comments:

Post a Comment