Sunday, December 30, 2012

Ancestral Home Visit

It had been years, like 20 years since I had last visited our ancestral home in China,I only carry faint memories of the place, none of us, except for my father had lived in that house, it had been abandoned for a long time and now it is considered for the Chinese government to be of historical importance so nobody can knock it down. It isn't the best kept place on earth, however through my pictures you can still see that it was a magnificant marvel in it's prime many years ago.










Dad describing the photographs to us.





Soot covered walls of what was the old kitchen.

Astonishing detail on the smallests of things in the house.








An old broom.


Beautiful stained glass window.



Display of light through the stained glass caught by my wife.

This is an ornamental pomelo, my dad said there was four when he was young, probably stolen, so I took it home as a souvenir.


More souvenir I took home.




 
All rights reserved - Copyright © RND Memoir 

No comments:

Post a Comment