Thursday, June 7, 2012

Museum quality Nikomat

Recently my Dad presented me with his old Nikomat FT2 along with a Nikon 35mm 2.8 AI, a Nikon 50mm 1.4 AI and a Carl Zeiss Jena 28-200 3.8-5.6 Macro, you can see the actual camera on the top of each page on this blog. Very nostalgic this camera is, holding it in my hands brings back a lot of memories, I learnt photography with this very camera when I was in highschool, I won a certificate in a photography competition in school too, one and only.
Nowadays it can be quite expensive to fiddle with film, given the chance I would like to develop my own black and white at home which I learnt at school. But for now I'll have to settle for digital, I went on ebay to look for an AI to Nex adapter, I found one from Hong Kong for $15 AUD delivered. It came in by post within two weeks, it's not the best machined adapter in the world, its metal and it works, with the slightest bit of wobble, it'll have to do for now. Since the adapter arrived I'm like a kid with a toy, bringing it everywhere and testing out the "new" equipment (the lenses and camera is actually around 30+years old). So far I've only tried the 35mm outside and today I gave the 50mm a run in the backyard, it brings a little bit of film back into my photography, the colour rendition and texture of the bokeh is just something I remember when I used film with these lenses, old school stuff. The lenses lacks a bit of contrast but it isn't anything raw can't fix, fun fun fun.








All rights reserved - Copyright © RND Memoir

No comments:

Post a Comment